Popular Raleigh Area Wedding Venues #2
There may be nothing more stressful than planning a wedding, however once you’ve secured your specific venue, there is a significant sense of relief immediately following. This critical piece of the wedding collage will be a fundamental block upon which the rest of the event will rest. Some venues are all-inclusive, and some only offer a location. The magnificent venues available within this area are all astounding exceptional and all exude world-class ambience that will have everyone talking about your wedding for years to come. You may have been dreaming for years about a particular wedding venue–but before you make a final decision, are you sure you’ve learned about all the exceptional and elegant wedding venues available to you, right within this area? Before you decide, discover your choices.
Castle McCulloch, Jamestown, N.C.
This modern day castle was originally McCulloch Gold Mill, built in 1832, with a steam engine used to extract gold from quartz mined in N.C., and operated until the 1850s, when it became a field hospital during the Civil War. It was restored as the original mill in 1983. After operating as a 4-star restaurant, its popularity as an event site transformed the Mill into a full time public event venue–particularly for weddings. Since 1996, the Mill offers two distinctly differing venues, on site.
• The Castle: Rife with old world European architecture and furnishings, you’ll find arched a spectacular leaded glass window, leaded glass diamond paned windows, solid oak beams and heart pine flooring, encased within stone walls. Winding stairway, cathedral ceiling, two wrought-iron chandeliers, with tapestries and beautiful mirrors all inspire a royal ambiance. The Great Hall Patio rental is a popular addition for a nice change of scenery during the event.
• The Crystal Garden: Added in 1996, this second spot overlooks the Castle and features its inspiration from a Victorian era palace, and includes an enormous central chandelier that hangs elegantly from the suspended canopy ceiling. Here is the revered spot known as one of the most beautiful places to get married in N.C., and it is certainly breathtaking. Features include beveled leaded glass walls with Grecian column accents, French doors and a lovely surrounding terrace. The HIllside Terrace is available as an additional rental to offer an extra dimensional ambiance to your event.
River Landing, Wallace, N.C.
River Landing offers more than four separate wedding venues, to help deliver on their commitment to see that your special day is “cherished and remembered for a lifetime.” Your River Landing wedding comes with plenty of accommodations for staying right inside the gates. You can choose the luxurious Clubhouse Suites or the larger Guest Cottages. Just outside the gates sits an award winning Holiday Inn Express.
1. The River Lodge: Set directly on the Cape Fear River, here rests a magical space–both indoors and out, full of rustic ambience and character. Wonderful both day and night–with a glowing fire pit to inspire everyone.
2. The Clubhouse: Expansive, elegant banquet facility with a grand ballroom that can accommodate 350 seated guests–and 500 standing. With charming verandas and terraces enriched by panoramic backdrops of a lushly landscaped golf course and sparking lakes.
3. Poolside: A smaller venue, the swimming pool and surrounding brick-lined terraces offer a lovely and elegant site for vows made. With a massive pergola and state of the art landscaping.
4. The Mad Boar Restaurant and Pub: Here sits the Celtic Court–an elegant and versatile spot for your wedding. With legendary food and subdivided into the larger Banquet Room, both the Meade Room and the Renaissance Room are ideal for smaller venues. And Murphy’s Irish Pub is open to all.
The Barn at Valhalla, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Representing rustic elegance at its finest, the Barn at Valhalla is conveniently located within 30 minutes to Raleigh or Durham, and only 10 minutes to Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Your wedding can become a dream come true, gently tucked away amid 30 pristine acres of pastures, pines and water. The Lodge is a stellar banquet room set overlooking the property, with a full kitchen and hot tub. The (included) amenities are an entertainment area with a bar, game tables for billiards, ping pong, foosball and cards. You can enjoy three putting greens, a 4K HDTV and more. AND–this lodge can accommodate 8 overnight guests. The Barn, the Lodge and the Gazebo are offered together in one package, or separately. Ample parking makes your stay easier. You’ll find different accommodations for overnight, as well. The Loft, for instance, can handle 18 guests. The best deals include rental of the property for the entire weekend–oh boy, what a wedding party! All the catering amenities and overnight amenities are included, and you can use their impressive sound system. too!
To see more great photos of local area wedding venues visit: http://scalaphotography.com/